Wednesday 3 October 2018

On second thoughts

So the goods yard was looking fine ...or so I thought . Oh dear ...how do I fit those coal staithes in that space !

Now remember this layout was put together over ten years ago and never finished whilst now I try and resurrect it and make good all the previous errors . The original track layout is shown below. In between the tracks should be a motley assortment of coal staithes.
 

What I was thinking at the time I originally made this goods yard I have no idea. But you can see above the state of the model before alterations were made. 
 I decided to lift the track and relay it all to allow space for the coal staithes and all the other clutter that this part of Lynton Station seemed to possess. I seem to be basically not just modifying my old layout but totally rebuilding it. Track was removed as well as scenery and all replaced giving a much better and more accurate looking representation of the old goods yard. The results of my changes will be shown in the next post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment