Wednesday 3 October 2018

Going around the bend part 2

It was always important for this model to try and convey a sense of location. As can be seen on the title page Lynton station approach was quite dramatic. The station itself being perched high on the hillside and quite a walk down to the town of Lynmouth itself. A few years ago now I recall the superb model of Lynton built by Brian Taylor in 4mm scale. Brian's approach to the model was to view the station from the hillside and in doing so captured the view down the hillside and out to the Lynmouth estuary ( if we can call it that) . Brian's excellent painting skills captured this scene with a superb hand painted backdrop. This can be seen in one of my earlier posts. I hope I've managed now to capture a little of the sense of location by incorporating the curve at Barbrook.
I was never quite happy with the alignment of the track running out of Lynton so I've spent a little more time aligning the track and now the engines can run in with a full load of coaches and wagons with no mishaps. After track realignment the ground cover was painted brown whilst the track was protected with masking tape. Eventually the final scenery will be added, a favourite job of mine , but first I wish to ensure all track work is running smoothly . To achieve this I've also added plastic rail joiners at all base board joints and spent yet more time packing under the track and trying to ensure a level using a mini spirit level. Until all track is working well there is no point adding scenery or details. 



No comments:

Post a Comment