Sunday 8 March 2015

Lynton Station Building update

I've spent a little time re doing the tops of the chimney stacks to accommodate the 3-D printed chimney pots recently received. This is very much work in progress and too close a scrutiny of the pictures will highlight areas I wish to rectify. 
However I'm quite  pleased so far with the progress. A definite improvement to the look of the station building .
Another job I've been putting off for some time is the strange boxed out area next to the Gentleman's toilets. My Lynton Station is of the pre 1927 Southern Railways extended version. This crude wooden extension was made In front of these toilets in1905 . Until recent times and the publication Measured and Drawn, it was not clear to me how this extension was built and it's exact dimensions . Referring to the book , Measured and Drawn I set about construction of the simple wooden extension. However on this occasion it seems the normally reliable reference book might indeed be slightly incorrect. Examining what photographs I have does seem to show a slightly different layout of this extension to that shown in the book.   By the time I'd realised this discrepancy it was too late . So below are some pictures of the wooden extension in progress. It seems it was quite a cheap fix by the Railway at the time to create more space and this is  shown by the crude nature of my  model .


1 comment:

  1. It's nice to finally see the chimney pots in place on a model of Woody Bay. Hopefully you think they work well -- I'm clearly biased but I think they look pretty good!

    ReplyDelete