Sunday 2 June 2019

The Greenery bit

The hillsides have now had a covering of hanging basket liner and the addition of static grass using a Noch puffer bottle. I’m quite pleased with this combined effect as it produces the depth of grass I hope and think comes close to what I see in the old black and white photographs.
This is just my initial ground cover and is just a starter. I hope to increase the cover with additional static grass.
I’ve also painted the wood facia with grey primer to help bring everything together and neater. The aim is to finish the facia surrounds off neatly so this is just an addition of paint to reduce the amount of bare woodwork . For the road surface I first attempted using dilute acrylics and as any of you could have anticipated it caused the card to warp. Fortunately this was not too severe and I hope can be remedied by using texture paints. So my initial remedy was then a repaint with the same grey primer as used on the wood work.One shot below shows a landscape view and in doing this shot it slightly distorts the view. My track laying is much smoother than this landscape shot demonstrates!
So for now a few views of the greenery...all structures shown simply placed for the photograph so please excuse any unsightly gaps and how they appear.
Next is more track testing and moving on to ballasting.



No comments:

Post a Comment